Important Election Day Reminders From Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin
With tomorrow being arguably one of the biggest Presidential elections in recent history, Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin has released some important election day reminders to make your voting experience as smooth as possible.
In a press release from Kyle Ardoin, you'll find important information like what time the polls open and close, where to find a sample ballot, how to find your polling location and more.
For more information, contact the Elections Division at 800-883-2805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the official press release -
In preparation for Tuesday’s Presidential General and Open Congressional Primary Election, Secretary Ardoin encourages voters to remember:
- Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be
allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the
GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting GeauxVote.com.
- Voters may also utilize the virtual voter assistant, GeauxBot, to access pertinent
election information. GeauxBot is accessible by visiting voterportal.sos.la.gov or by selecting Elections and Voting on sos.la.gov.
- Voters can sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
- Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana
- Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and
signature such as a passport or a digital license via LA Wallet). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit but will be allowed to vote.
- Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or