Deadline To Apply For FEMA Debris Removal Program Approaching
The City of Lake Charles reminds residents to apply for FEMA assistance to remove hurricane debris from their property ahead of the deadline. If you are a hurricane victim and need help the City was approved for a private property debris removal program through FEMA. The deadline to apply is July 15, 2022, and there are two programs available.
PPDR: Removal of potentially eligible storm-generated debris from private property.
Demo: Demolition of potentially eligible storm-damaged homes.
Debris must be a direct result of a declared hurricane disaster and must be located within the Lake Charles city limits. Property owners needing assistance can call or text (337) 443-7129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Residents must apply before or by the July 15, 2022 deadline. Debris must be the legal responsibility of the applicant and removal must be in the public's interest. This means the removal of the storm-related debris would:
- Eliminates immediate threats to life, public health, and safety
- Eliminates immediate threats of significant damage to improved public or private property
- Ensures economic recovery of the affected community to the benefit of the community at large
Eligible storm-related debris includes:
- Hazardous leaning trees and hanging limbs
- Hazardous stumps
- Construction and demolition debris
- White goods (household appliances)
- Household hazardous waste
For more details on the criteria for debris removal, more about the program, or help to file the application click HERE.