7AM NHC Hurricane Delta Update
Hurricane Delta now has SWLA firmly in its crosshairs and will be roaring ashore this Friday evening.
The National Hurricane Center is forecasting that Delta will strengthen back up to a Category 3 major hurricane early tomorrow morning and make landfall as a Category 2 storm.
If you are planning to evacuate SWLA, have a plan in place and make sure you leave today, as Delta will be rolling in Friday afternoon to evening. If you're hunkering down, be safe and just like with Laura, we will be here with you before, during, and after the storm.
For around the clock Hurricane Delta coverage stay tuned to your radio, bookmark our website, download our free mobile app, and follow us on Facebook.
Currently the storm is moving NW at 15mph with 100mph sustained winds.
Here's the National Weather Service forecast for the next few days:
- Today - Showers likely, mainly after 1:00pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. Northeast wind 5 to 10mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight - Showers. Low around 72. Northeast wind 10 to 15mph, with gusts as high as 20mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Friday - Tropical storm conditions expected, with hurricane conditions possible. Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 78. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts in excess of four inches possible.
- Friday Night - Hurricane conditions expected. Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday - A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. West wind around 10mph.
- Saturday Night - Mostly clear, with a low around 69. Southwest wind around 5mph.