The Best ‘Blast From The Past’ Summer Activities
Are your kids bored at home? You might want to incorporate some old-school summer activities into their lives.
Two-thirds of Americans say summer loses its magic as you get older, probably because everything does. The top reasons summer isn't as fun as an adult are too many responsibilities, not enough time, and you have to work.
Here are the ten old-school summer activities we loved most as kids:
- Spending time with friends. 44% said it was one of the best parts of summer when they were young.
- Bonfires, 31%
- Camping in the woods, 30%
- Swimming pools, 30%
- Family vacations, 27%
- Family reunions, 27%
- Sleepovers, 27%
- Swimming in lakes, rivers, or the ocean, 25%
- Playing outside all day, 25%
- Camping in the backyard, 23%
I can't believe that "going to the movies" didn't make the list. That was one of my favorite things to do as a kid during the summer. The smell of the popcorn, the excitement of picking out your candy, and most importantly the A/C.
Let us know if your favorite summer activity didn't make the list on our Facebook comments.
Beautiful Parks of Southwest Louisiana