Southwest Louisiana High School Football Teams Survive To Second Round Of Playoffs
The regular season of high school football ended a couple weeks ago and last Friday night began the playoffs. Teams from all over Southwest Louisiana went into the first round with high expectations but when the smoke cleared Friday night, there were only a few teams from the area left standing.
First let's tell you who is out.
- In 5-A, Sam Houston and Sulphur were both eliminated.
- Lagrange and DeRidder who were the only two 4-A teams from Southwest Louisiana both lost and bounced out.
- In 3-A, it was an even split. Four teams made it from the area but two were eliminated. South Beauregard and Jennings are gone
- In 2-A, Lake Arthur, Rosepine, Vinton and DeQuincy all made an early exit.
- In 1-A, Grand Lake and Merryville made an early exit.
Now for who is still in:
- 5-A Barbe
- 4A None
- 3A Iowa and Eunice
- 2A Kinder and Welsh
- 1A East Beauregard, South Cameron and Basile.
- St. Louis had a bye last week and will compete in the private schools bracket in Division II.
Round two is this Friday night so go out and support your local teams! As always, you can keep up with all the scores real time here with our Southwest Louisiana Scoreboard every Friday night.