Some Of The Weirdest New Years Superstitions
So it's New Year's eve and many people are getting ready to ring in 2016 with a bang. Parties, cook outs and fireworks. But then their are the traditions people grew up with that they do every year on New Years day.
Well I did some searching and found some of the weirdest New Years susperstitions I have ever heard of and I have compiled a list.
- Open the doors at midnight because this is suppose to let out all the bad from the previous year
- Make sure that you pantries are not bare. The superstition is that you need to fill up your pantries before New Years day, otherwise that could be the way of the New Year.
- Don’t wash any clothes on New years day. They say that your dirty clothes can wait until January 2nd. To go to even a further extreme, some really superstious people won’t even wash the dishes on New Years day.
- Do not remove or take anything out of your house. They say that if you do then you will be losing things during the upcoming year.
- Leave your trash alone! This one is kind of crazy to me but whatever. They say not to take out your trash or anything on January 1st. The superstition is that if you need to take trash out then do it before midnight or on January 2nd.
- Then of course the Black eyed peas and Cabbage deal. They say eating Black Eyed peas with cabbage for prosperity. The black eyed peas represent good luck and the cabbage represents money.
So do you believe in these superstions? Do you do any of these? Well think about it before you take your trash out this year or wash your clothes LOL.
Happy New Year everyone. Have a great 2016!