Popular Things People Try And Give Up For Lent
So Mardi Gras officially came to an end last night and now we start the lent season. It starts today with Ash Wednesday and will last six weeks later right before Easter and this is where people try and give up something during the lent season.
In Lent, many Christians commit to fasting or giving up certain types of luxuries as a form of penance. Some things people give up are some of their bad habits or things they love for 40 days.
I found a list of some of the things people try and give up. Some on the list I can understand but some are comical.
- Chocolate, Candy and other Junk foods
- Alcohol -- That could be hard for us Cajun folks
- Soft drinks
- Social networking like -- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Fast food
- Homework and School -- Didn't we all want to give that up when we were in school
- Meat -- No i need my ribeyes!
- Coffee -- Like Starbucks. You prob save a lot of money with this one because coffee is expensive!
- Sex -- if your married you probably gave that up when you said "I DO"
- Pizza -- If Emily was still here, this would kill her.
- Giving up things -- This is hilarious. This is for lazy people who just don't want to think about giving anything up.
I think I am going to give up swearing. I kind of have a potty mouth but luckily I have never swore on the radio so Yay me!