City of Lake Charles Opens Recreation Centers for Evacuations
As Hurricane Laura gets closer to Southwest Louisiana, the City Of Lake Charles has opened up local recreation centers for evacuees.
Hurricane Laura has blown up overnight, becoming at Category 3 hurricane and could become a Category 4 before landfall. Residents in the Lake Charles and Southwest Louisiana area are encouraged that, if they have no other place to go, to evacuate to any of the open recreation centers.
Here is a list of all the recreation centers available to evacuate to.
- McMillan Park 343 Goos St.
- Purple Heart 4305 Avenue H
- JD Clifton Recreation 2415 E. Gieffers St.
- Goosport/Donald Ray Stevens 1619 Cessford St.
- Mary Belle Williams 2009 N. Simmons St.
- Henry Heights 801 E. School St..
- College Oaks 3518 Ernest St.
Katie Harrington with the City of Lake Charles said,
Citizens wishing to evacuate this morning ahead of Hurricane Laura, but without the means to do so, are encouraged to show up at the following City of Lake Charles Recreation Centers within the City this morning between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.