Calcasieu Sheriff’s Office Giving Out Free Gun Locks
We all remember a couple weeks ago about the unfortunate shooting of a first grader at Moss Bluff Elementary which has caused the little boy countless surgeries and now recovery.
It could have all been prevented if the gun in question had a safety lock on it and was put up in a secure location. Well now the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office is taking a proactive stand and is going to be handing out FREE gun locks to the public in an effort to not having another incident happen again like in Moss Bluff.
The locks will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the Sheriff's Office main office, located at 5400 E. Broad St. in Lake Charles.
They are also available at every Sheriff's Office Law Enforcement Center in the parish from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. except from Noon to 1pm for lunch.
Here are the locations of the Law Enforcement Centers in Calcasieu parish.
- South Lake Charles Law Enforcement Center – 7098 Gulf Hwy., Lake Charles
- Sulphur Law Enforcement Center – 1525 Cypress St., Sulphur
- Vinton Law Enforcement Center – 1302 Center St., Vinton
- DeQuincy Law Enforcement Center – 618 E. Center St., DeQuincy
- Moss Bluff Law Enforcement Center – 115 Bronco Ln., Moss Bluff
- Iowa Law Enforcement Center – 203 Hwy 90 W, Iowa
- Central Lake Charles Law Enforcement Center – 2112 Moeling St., Lake Charles
- Carlyss Law Enforcement Center – 4525 Hwy. 27 S., Sulphur
- Starks Law Enforcement Center – 4352 Hwy 12, Starks
- Bell City / Hayes Law Enforcement Center – 7085 Hwy 14 E, Bell City