Movies Under the Stars Returns This Spring In Lake Charles
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury has announced the return of "Movies Under The Stars". The outdoor event will return in April 2014 and will run for 4 weeks at the Prien Lake park in Lake Charles.
This April kick off your weekends at Prien Lake Park with the Spring Series of Movies Under the Stars! This year’s lineup includes feisty snow sisters, a radioactive teen hero, a Southern fried classic and legions of minions! Beginning Friday, April 4th, and continuing the Series April 11th, 18th and 25th, movies to delight all ages will come to life on the big screen at Prien Lake Park.
Movies Under the Stars presents:
- April 4th– “Frozen” – Say goodbye to winter this year with an Oscar winner that conjures up a blizzard of fun for everyone. A sister goes on a quest to save her kingdom from eternal winter with the help of an awkward mountain man, some love-struck trolls and one hilarious snowman.
- April 11th – “The Amazing Spider-Man” – Get ready for the sequel this summer by watching the first one on the big screen at Prien Lake Park! Teen Peter Parker doesn’t know much about his past, but his determination to find out why his parents disappeared leads him on an amazing path of heroic discovery.
- April 18th – “Steel Magnolias” – Come celebrate the 25th anniversary of the funniest movie to ever make you cry. Set in Louisiana, the Southern barbs are dished up with a thick gravy of charm and wit by Julia Roberts, Dolly Parton, Olympia Dukakis, Sally Field and Shirley MacLaine.
- April 25th – “Despicable Me 2” – Sometimes it takes a super villain to fight a super criminal. Super villain Gru is back with his faithful minions in the sequel that promises more minions and even more chuckles than the first!
- Source: Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Julie Fay
This is a family fun and free event so make your plans to go enjoy some quality time with your friends and family!