UPDATE – DOTD & Troop D Southwest Louisiana Road Closures
UPDATE - 2:49 P.M.
I-210 BRIDGE NOW OPEN BOTH DIRECTIONS
UPDATE - 1:21 P.M.
LA 27 AT INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY - GIBBSTOWN BRIDGE NOW OPEN.
UPDATE - 11:48 A.M.
UPDATE - 11:25 A.M.
I-210 BRIDGE, WESTBOUND LANE NOW OPEN. EASTBOUND REMAINS CLOSED AS CREWS WORK TO CLEAR DEBRIS.
The following Traffic Updates from Louisiana State Police Troop D and Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) are brought to you by Allstar Buick GMC in Sulphur
Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 9:06 a.m.
Many Southwest Louisiana roadways are dangerous to travel on due to freezing temperatures and icy precipitation. Local authorities want people to stay off the roadways and stay safe due to the circumstances.
Southwest Louisiana remains under a Hard Freeze Warning and temperatures are forecasted to drop even further tonight, with lows forecasted to drop to 18 degrees. Be advised, road conditions are only going to get worse, as the day progresses.
We will continue to update this list throughout the SWLA Hard Freeze Advisory. Check back regularly for the latest info.
THE FOLLOWING ROADWAYS ARE OPEN:
- LA/TX STATELINE IS OPEN
- I-10 CALCASIEU RIVER BRIDGE IS OPEN BOTH DIRECTIONS
- I-210 BRIDGE OPEN IN BOTH DIRECTIONS.
- LA 27 ELLENDER BRIDGE AND INTRACOSTAL WATERWAY BRIDGE HAVE REOPENED
- US 171 RAGLEY OVERPASS, BOTH NORTH AND SOUTHBOUND TRAVEL HAS REOPENED
- I-10 EASTBOUND AT US 165 INTERCHANGE IS REOPENED
- I-210 BRIDGE WESTBOUND LANE NOW OPEN.
- GIBBSTOWN BRIDGE OVER INTRACOASTAL WATERWAY IS REOPENED
THE FOLLOWING ROADWAYS ARE CLOSED:
- I-10 EASTBOUND IS CLOSED NEAR LOBDELL TO THE BASE OF ATCHAFALAYA BRIDGE
- I-10 WESTBOUND FROM LOBDELL TO HENDERSON CLOSED.
- CAMERON FERRY CLOSED WITH MECHANICAL ISSUES.