16 Ponds Across Louisiana Stocked With Prize-Tagged Catfish
If you are a fan of fishing late in the year, you're in luck. Not only is Louisiana great for fishing pretty much anytime of the year you can stand the weather - some of the fish now come with prizes attached!
I'm not talking about catching a huge bass, then finding a Rat-L-Trap in pretty good shape inside of it. I'm talking about the the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries' "Get Out and Fish! Derby." This fall-fishing program is encouraging anglers in the Sportsman's Paradise to go for one of the most delicious fish in our waters - catfish. Any legally licensed angler that lands a specially tagged catfish from one of the 16 LWDF stocked ponds across the state.
If you happen to snag one of these prized bottom-feeders, all you have to do is report the information from the tag to 855-728-8247 or online to claim your prize! You won't have long to grab a golden (or blue) cat - the derby only runs from Saturday, Nov. 21, through Sunday, Nov. 29.
According to Acadia Parish Today, these tagged catfish will be stocked in the following ponds across Louisiana:
• Turner’s Pond – Minden
• Grambling City Park Pond – Grambling
• Elmore D. Mayfield Park – Ruston
• Kiroli Park - West Monroe
• William T. Polk City Park Pond – Vidalia
• Purple Heart Memorial Park Pond – Ragley
• 1-10 Park – Jennings
• Girard Park – Lafayette
• Southside Regional Park – Fabacher Field – Youngsville
• Bayou Country Sports Park – Houma
• BREC’s Burbank Park – Baton Rouge
• Sidney Hutchinson Park – Walker
• Zemurray Park – Hammond
• Bogue Chitto State Park - Franklinton
• Joe W. Brown Park – New Orleans
• Parc Natchitoches – Natchitoches
Find out more about the program on the official LWDF website here.