Local Louisiana Roadway Routes Into Texas
Now that I-10 has been shut down both Eastbound and Westbound at the Texas/Louisiana border due to the flooding from the Sabine river, we have learned some alternate routes for residents in Louisiana who just have to get into Texas.
So for all you folks that just have to get into Texas for work or personal business here are the routes to get into the state according the Louisiana State Police.
Here are the routes:
- I-10 to I-49 Lafayette to I-20 to Shreveport and then West into Texas
- Hwy. 27 South into Cameron Parish to the coast then turn West onto Highway 82 which will take you into Texas.
- Highway 6 West out of Many, La and cross over the Toledo Bend Reservoir into Texas
- Highway 84 West in Logansport into Texas
- Us Highway 190 West of Merryville and DeRidder has reopened
So if you absolutely need to get to Texas those are the routes you can take. With that being said, the water is still really high and flooding is occurring all over the borders of Louisiana and Texas so please don't try and go across state lines unless it is absolutely necessary.