LDH To Increase COVID-19 Vaccines Sites By Over 100 Locations
The Louisiana Department of Health announced that they will be increasing the locations across the state where COVID-19 vaccines are available.
LDH is adding 102 more sites to administer the vaccine bringing the total up to 209 locations. These include 87 chain pharmacies, 93 independent pharmacies, 20 federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), and 9 healthcare sites.
Vaccines will only be administered to people in Phase 1B, Tier 1:
- Persons ages 70 years or older
- Outpatient clinic providers and clinic staff
- Urgent care clinic providers and staff
- Community care clinic providers and staff
- Behavioral health clinic providers and staff
- Dialysis providers and clients
- Home health service providers, direct support workers and recipients
- Dental providers and staff
- Students, residents, faculty and staff of allied health schools
If you meet the above criteria, then you must make an appointment at one of the locations listed here. Walk-ins are not accepted, you must have an appointment.
The LDH also said as the state receives more vaccines from the CDC, they will open up more groups of residents to be vaccinated.
Lizzie Borden's Maplecroft Is Back on the Market in Fall River, Massachusetts