Things To Know For The Chenault International Air Show In Lake Charles
The Chenault International Air Show in Lake Charles is back for another year and it gets underway this Friday, May 19th, and runs through May 21st, 2023 here in Lake Charles. The event is three days packed with exciting shows and world-class pilots along with so many other things to see.
We have been getting a bunch of calls from you asking questions about the air show so we thought we would give you a quick rundown of things you need to know if you will be attending the air show this weekend in Lake Charles.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we have been getting this week.
How much does it cost for a ticket to the airshow?
- Tickets run from $50 to $150 dollars. Now that's not per person. The cost per ticket is for one carload of people. Tickets can be purchased by CLICKING HERE to go to their website.
Can I buy a ticket to the airshow on the day of the show I want to go to?
- Officials have advised that NO you can't buy a ticket for the show the same day of the show. For Example, if you want to go to the Saturday show, you will need to buy your ticket at least the day before. So basically no later than Friday if you want to attend Saturday's show.
Can you bring food and drinks in your car when you attend the air show?
- According to the website, you CAN bring food and/or drinks with you in your vehicle. You are NOT ALLOWED to cook on the grounds, no glass containers and laws on alcohol consumption will be enforced. They will have food and drink vendors at the show.
How many people can I bring in my vehicle?
- The airshow says you are allowed to bring as many people as the number of seatbelts in your vehicle. For example, if your vehicle seats six people with each having their own seatbelt, then you can bring six people in your vehicle.
Are Pets allowed?
- Pets are not allowed but service animals are allowed.
Can you smoke at the event or even in your vehicle?
- There is a strict no-smoking policy for the show, even in your vehicle. Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere at Chennault International Airport
Should I bring earplugs or noise-canceling headphones to the show?
- We can answer this one for you easily. Yes especially for young children. These planes can get a bit noisy.
So we hope this answers some of your questions and concerns before you head out to the show. Have more questions? Then just head over to the Chenault International Air Show WEBSITE HERE for more questions that they will be able to answer. Enjoy the show!
A Look at Transportation in the Future