Pirates Take Over The City Of Lake Charles Tonight, Mayor Randy Roach To Walk The Plank
Jean Lafitte and his band of pirates will take over the city of Lake Charles tonight. They will force Lake Charles Mayor Randy Roach and other local area Mayors to walk the plank and it will mark the start of the two week festival known as Contraband Days.
The festival takes place in downtown Lake Charles on the Civic Center grounds with carnival rides, food, events and entertainment.
Mayor Randy Roach and other local area Mayors will be forced to walk the plank at 7:00 p.m. tonight on the seawall which is behind the Lake Charles civic center.
If your looking for Cajun music, you will have to wait till the second weekend of the festival.
Here is the complete lineup of Cajun bands playing on Saturday May 11th, 2013 at Contraband Days:
- 1:30 p.m. — Ganey Arsement & the Lakeside Gamblers (amphitheater)
- 3 p.m. — Ivy Dugas & the Cajun Cousins (amphitheater)
- 4:30 p.m. — Jamie Bergeron & Kickin Cajuns (amphitheater)
- 6 p.m. — High Performance (amphitheater)
- 7:30 p.m. — Damon Troy (amphitheater)
- 9 p.m. — Jo-el Sonnier (amphitheater)
Go pass yourself a good time this year at Contraband Days!