Cowboys Move Nov. 5th Home Game To 2pm
With the huge game November 5th at 7pm between #1 LSU and # 2 Alabama, McNeese State has decided to move their home game against Nicholls State from a 7pm start to a 2pm kickoff at Cowboys Stadium.
McNeesesports.com released this info about the move.
McNeese State has moved the kickoff of its Nov. 5 football game with Nicholls State at Cowboy Stadium to 2 p.m. so as to not conflict with the nationally televised LSU-Alabama game that night.
The move was made in response to a survey the school made with season ticket holders, booster club members and others in regard to the kickoff time.
“We truly appreciate the fans input and response to the game change,” said McNeese athletic director Tommy McClelland. “Making this unique decision requires the buy in from our loyal fans.”
He said that 84 percent of those contacted about the change favored it.
Another game time change that day on campus will have the McNeese volleyball contest with Northwestern State being moved to an 11 a.m. start at Memorial Gym.
There will be free admission to the volleyball game for everyone, associate athletic director Ryan Ivey said.
He also announced the following for the football game on Nov. 5:
- school pride day will be celebrated with over 14,000 elementary students from Calcasieu Parish being sponsored at the game by Billy Navarre
- there will be a “Rowdy” JV team outing before the game
- the McNeese men's and women's Southland Conference championship basketball teams will be honored at halftime
- members of the basketball teams will be going throughout the tailgating area prior to the game to sign autographs and posters and will be on the concourse by the northwest gate at the stadium for same
- and, the McNeese alumni distinguished awards will be announced at halftime.
So Cowboy fans, make sure and show you support by coming and routing the Cowboys on to victory at 2pm Saturday.