The Lake Charles Fire Department received a call around 2am this morning about a fire at Cormie's Grocery located at Big Lake Road and Country Club Road.When Firefighters arrived, Cormie's was completely engulfed in flames.  Fire Chief T.A Jones said that the inside of the store was scorched and the Gas pump awning had been effected by the fire as well.

Hate to see that Cormie's burnt down.  Its been a Lake Charles fixture in the community for many years known for its great meat department.

We will keep you updated as we get more info!!