Cooking W/ Cajun Radio: Dying Easter Eggs
In the spirit of Easter, Let's dye Easter Eggs!!!!
* hard boiled egg(s)
* vinegar (plain white)
* small bowls, cups or empty margarine containers
* food color drops
* fill containers about 1/2 to 2/3 full of water. Don't full TOO full or when you put the eggs in it will overflow. I like using cups because it's the most frugal *grin*
* Add 1 tsp of vinegar (for every 1 cup - ish of water. We don't need absolute measurements here, but if you're using a gallon ice cream pail you'll need more vinegar than if you're using a teacup)
* Add drops of food color until you're happy with the hue. (I usually get happy with the hue and then add 2 more drops... I find that tends to make the eggs the color I was originally happy with).
* Put hard boiled eggs in the cups (I use a Tbsp to put them in and take them out)
* Let dry. Wipe with vegetable oil (with paper towel or a rag) to make a glossier egg
Now that there done, pock them. You need two people to pock eggs. Each person take an egg and with the pointed side tap them together. The person's egg that cracks first loses!!!